Wednesday, February 13, 2013

pink + red


I have to admit, I really love the color pink. I do. I used to have this bright pink desk chair that was amazing. Sadly, during a maybe-I-don't-like-pink-so-much phase, I tried spray painting it white. Didn't work. The chair was plastic, and I followed the proper procedure for spray painting plastic. I sanded the chair with a fine grit sandpaper, cleaned it up, and bought spray paint that was specifically for plastic. Unfortunately, the spray paint peeled and got all funky. Not the desired result. I haven't tried spray painting anything plastic since then -- it was a traumatizing experience.

Anyhow, I am no longer in a maybe-I-don't-like-pink-so-much phase. I love pink. It's just so happy and cheerful. And paired with red, the two colors are just so vibrant and lively. So, because tomorrow is Valentine's Day, here are some ways to add some cheer and loveliness with pink and red!

1. I absolutely adore these dusty pink pants from Piperlime. They are the perfect shade of pink; not too in your face, but still pink. And, if you're not too fond of the $230 price tag, Old Navy carries a similar pair of pants. The light pink color isn't quite as nice in my opinion, but my bank account much prefers the $12.97 price tag.

2. Mornings would be a bit easier with this cheerful, bright pink alarm clock. Okay, well I'd probably still hit the snooze button a few times.

3. This colorful Marimekko pillow adds an instant pop of color and lots of pep to any space.

4. How cute are these coasters? Best of all, it's a do-it-yourself project! Love. It.

5. I love all the peaches, corals, and pinks in this springy poppy print. It's pink without being overly pink if you're a pink-doubter.

6. I am so in love with this red polka dot dress from Forever21.

7. Snuggle up with this red and pink Ikat throw and watch Under the Tuscan Sun. Or 300. Whatever floats your boat.


And because I love pink so much, here's a few more items that I couldn't leave out!

1. I need these faux suede pumps. So. Cute.

2. This pink and red houndstooth patterned mouse pad is just fantastic!

3. I absolutely love pretty much anything Kate Spade -- and this pink and red bow patterned clutch is just so adorable.

4. Plaster these happy pink heart stickers over everything for Valentine's Day! Okay, well maybe not everything.


Now, go forth and spread the love with red and pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...