That's me. I'm a photographer, and -- ironically enough -- I have discovered that I really don't have any photographs of myself. I'm always the one behind the camera. As evidenced above.
I love photography, cooking and baking gluten free goodies, travel, design, and crafty things. You will find many of these things on this blog. While I have always loved photography, travel, design, and being crafty, I haven't always loved cooking and baking. Throughout high school and most of college, I wouldn't touch baking and cooking with a ten foot pole. Far too domestic for my taste. But, junior year of college, I developed a gluten sensitivity. Those first couple of years were rough. I was attending school out in the middle of nowhere, so the selection of gluten-free foods at the local supermarket was pretty limited. I made some attempts at gluten-free baking and cooking. I can't say they were incredibly successful (I once made a chocolate cake that came out more like crumbled brownies), but it was the start of my journey. As I baked and cooked more and more, slowly the stuff I was baking and cooking finally started resembling actual food! My crumbled brownie bits slowly turned into actual chocolate cakes. I became passionate about food and cared about what I ate; a complete turnaround from a few years before.
Hence the gluten-free recipes! As mentioned earlier, this blog is basically a smorgasbord of everything I love: weddings, crafts, recipes, design, photography...I'm sure I'll throw in some more things too.
Still want to know more? Okay, ten things about me:
1. Zebras are my favorite animal.
2. I can speak and write Latin (okay, I used to be able to speak and write Latin).
3. I spent a semester studying abroad in Vienna, Austria and I am dying to go back.
4. I still read Nancy Drew. I will never stop reading Nancy Drew.
5. I have always thought it would be so cool to live underwater, yet I don't particularly like swimming and I'm terrified of drowning. Go figure.
6. Related to the above statement, The Little Mermaid is my favorite Disney movie.
7. Turquoise is my favorite color. Even way back in the second grade, I wrote down turquoise next to favorite color in one of those "about me" exercises that we did in class.
8. I am not a fan of grapefruit.
9. Or oranges.
10. But clementines are all right.