Thursday, January 3, 2013

a les mis wedding


So, last week, I saw Les Miserables with my best friend and one of her friends. Oh. My. Gosh. I loved it. I have been so excited for this movie, and it definitely lived up to expectations. I make it sound like I've been waiting for this movie for forever. I actually had no clue they were turning Les Mis into a movie until I saw a commercial for it on TV like a month ago. Maybe even more recent than that. That's what living in your own little grad school bubble will do. Well, I'm all done with grad school now, so I shouldn't have any excuses about not having a clue of what's going on in the outside world. Maybe there's a residual bubble post-graduation. ANYWAY. Loved the movie. I know that it hasn't received the greatest reviews, but shhh. Ignore the reviews. Hugh Jackman -- that man can do anything.

Afterwards, I was totally inspired to create a Les Mis-inspired wedding board. I know -- you're like what? How can such a bleak and serious story inspire a wedding? Well, it was really Cosette's dress from the wedding scene. I wanted to take that and bring it into the 21st century. Think really ethereal and romantic, traditional styles mixed with modern!

1. Start out with some gorgeous pink shades for your cheeks and lips. Dior's Rosy Glow, Healthy Glow Awakening Blush is perfect for creating that "blushing bride" look. Pair it with Tarte's LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in Lucky for a totally soft and cherubic vibe.

2. Use gorgeous light pink and white roses paired with lily of the valley in your bouquets to up the romantic factor.

3. The super-puffy sleeves of Cosette's traditional 1800s-style wedding gown have been translated into the super-voluminous skirt of this gorgeous ball gown by Vera Wang.

4. Have your ceremony and reception by candlelight -- how romantic is that?

5. Serve petit fours on these charming plates with vintage-inspired patterns. Don't worry about being matchy-matchy -- the more mismatched, the better!

6. A top hat perfectly completes the groom's look!

7. These wedding invitations have a traditional lace overlay, but the pink ombre peeking out underneath brings a modern edge.

8. How stunning is this antique Victorian engagement ring?

And, finally -- it's not on the board, but a floral head wreath would be a fitting final touch. Either buy one or make one yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...